Tuesday, September 6, 2011

2nd Day in Spain; 1st day in Embajadores

I am extremely tired, possibly from the jet lag or maybe from all of the walking and activity we have been doing. Yesterday, I bought my Spanish cell phone from a phone company called Orange. The phone only cost 20 dollars, and we put money on the phone to cover the 9 cents per minute charge. While most of the people on my trip haven’t gotten their cell phones yet, mine has already been extremely helpful in meeting up with my Senora.

Today, I moved in with home stay. She lives in Embajadores, which has a very close metro stop. My trip to the IES Abroad center is approximately 15 minutes. Luckily, I don’t even have to change metro lines to get there. I also have a pass that allows me to use the metro an unlimited amount for only 35 euros a month. My apartment is also near a grocery store, which is essential because I have kitchen privileges (meaning that I must prepare all of my meals). My Senora lives in a nice apartment with a foyer, kitchen, living room/office, a bathroom, and two bedrooms. To keep the floors clean, I must take off my shoes and wear slippers around the house. My room has lots of little carpets to protect the floor. I have to learn how to work the hot water heater before I take a shower though. I will post pictures as soon as I take them! Luckily, my Senora has wifi at her house.

No comments:

Post a Comment